Sunday, July 17, 2011

*We Got Mail*

Saturday was a BIG mail day for us!!  Sylas got 2 packages in the mail!!
One package was from Sy's Nana Piggy and Papa (Brent's parents)!!  They just recently took a trip to Alaska and got all the grand children souvenir's!!  In his package were 2 books, a t-shirt and a pair of socks!!  All Alaska themed!  This is such a treat for him to get surprise's like this from them since
they live in Portland, OR.  We miss them soo much!!  We will get to see them in just a few short weeks, we are all getting SOO EXCITED!!!  Sylas is at a great age right now, that this trip is going to be so much fun!!  However, I'm not sure I am looking forward to the plane trip tho!!  Anyone have any advise on traveling on a plane with a 22 month old???  At home, he is into EVERYTHING; i'm just afraid on a plane it will be worse!!  But, the end result will be great!!! 


Our other package came from our friends who live in Korea!  I blogged about her earlier how she has inspired me to blog (and how she is SUCH a great writer)!!  I talked about how she did a "giveaway week" on her blog just because she got 20,000 hits on her blog!!  She posted one Korean item a day, and to win that item all you had to do was comment on her daily post!  At the end of the week (which is today) she will draw a name from each daily post and that person will win that item from that day they posted!  Only rule: you could only comment once a day! And guess what??  I won on one of the giveaways!!!  It was so much fun!!  This is what we won!!  It is really cool!  It is a piece of white silk with Sylas written on it using bright rainbow colors~ Each letter is formed from something from nature, like a bird, bamboo, a tree, a sunset~ I got to choose what I wanted on the banner, so I just decided to get Sy's name put on it.  It's really pretty, I'm not sure where I'm going to put it just yet, but for now, it's hanging on the wall in our den!  THANK YOU MARY!

No comments:

Post a Comment