Saturday, July 30, 2011

**Old Skool**



Back in 1988, 1989 &1990, I was living in Gwinnett, Ga~ The only 3 years of my life when I lived outside of North Carolina.  There was the all young boy band which all young girls loved "New Kids On The Block"~ Yes, I was one of those crazy little girls who was totally IN LOVE with NKOTB!!  However, in my defense, I did not have all the crazy paraphernalia!  All I had was a Jordan Knight t-shirt, stickers and many posters!!  Although, I had friends who had the whole 9 yards~ the sheets, the buttons, ALL the t-shirts, and I can't even remember what else!!

All I EVER wanted when I was 9 years old was to be able to go to one of their concerts!!  I made a deal with my parents that if I EVER got straight A's, they'd have to take me!!  My sister was in high school at the time, and she was allowed to go to one of their concerts with a few of her friends!


Anyway, I NEVER made straight A's in my life~ BUT, I did FINALLY make it to an NKOTB concert a few years ago!!  Yes, a few years ago!  The dream I had when i was 9 years old had FINALLY COME TRUE!!  My cousin A'me and I had bought tickets up in the nosebleed section!!






A'mes roommates had front row side stage tickets and some way, they worked their girlie magic on this guy ~ and they invited us down to their seats!


NKOTB Oct '08





This is one of my favorite pictures because Jordan looks like he is looking right at me while I am snapping away!!






My friend Jen & me



Once again, I got to see my most favorite childhood band last week!!  This lady's hubby, got her tickets to NKOTB for her birthday!!  They were pretty close up tickets!!  She knew I was a fan so she invited me to make the trip up to Greensboro with her to see them!!  We had a blast and I am just going to post the pictures for you to see~  There is a video below; and it is of Joey (from NKOTB) coming up into the stands, 3 rows in front and across from us!  I know we are probably in the minority of really liking NKOTB, however, it was still exciting 23 years later!

A couple other friends were there too!!
NKOTB July '11

No comments:

Post a Comment