Saturday, September 15, 2012

*Who Knew*

I was born and raised in North Carolina.  But, there was a short period of time that my family lived in Georgia.  My father got transferred with a few months left in my 3rd grade school year~ which was fine with me because I didn't like my 3rd grade teacher!  So, we moved, and there was a little girl (KK) who lived across the street from me and a little girl (KP) who lived next door.  I say little girls... but we all were the same age!  I became instant friends with both of them!  I was playing with one of them most days and had sleep overs with either of them most weekends!  We only lived there for two years before my parents decided we needed to move back to Charlotte.  I had just graduated from 5th grade and I had to say my good bye's to the neighbor girls and we moved on~ that was it.  Fast forward 12 or so years later.... some how I got reconnected with KK (the girl who lived across the street from me in Georgia), I honestly don't know how, but I did.  KK lived somewhere up in New York.  My mom and I went to NYC for some fun and the girl who lived across the street from me decided to take the train down to the City one day to see us!  That was super cool!  After our visit that day, our lives went on... I didn't see/talk to her again until... FaceBook came about!  Here, about 8 years after we saw each other in NYC, we got reconnected again!  She has a brother who lives in Raleigh, NC and when she went to visit him for Thanksgiving one year, I made the 3 hour drive over to visit KK's family and her brothers family~ at this point she was married and had a little one who had just turned 1 and was living in Arizona.  Super cute kid~ Now, fast forward 4 more years later....we decided we are going to move to Arizona, and all i can think about how excited I was to be going some where I knew some body!  Even though, we only knew each other for a couple of years I felt we had a great connection from FB that it wouldn't be difficult to be friends anyway!  And she now has 2 more beautiful little girls!! And these 2 girls just happen to be the same age as my 2 boys!  So, a couple days after we arrived in AZ, I went to her house to do some MUCH NEEDED laundry and to let our children play together! 

Who knew that when we were 8,  9, & 10 years old, that we would cross paths again 23/24 years later??   I have to say, I believe G-d allowed KK and I to cross path's at such a young age knowing our paths would cross again much later in life!  I believe he knew I would need her again in my life!  

Here are a few pictures from our play date!  The best thing about our visit with her and her family, is that she cooked us a meal!  I mean, a home cooked meal... after being on the road for 5 days and in a hotel for a  couple of days, I was DONE with FAST FOOD!!  It was soo awesome of her to feed Sylas and I!  


This first picture is our youngest children.. Turner and MC.  MC is 11 days older than Turner!




















This Picutre is of Sylas and AG.  AG is right at 2 years older than Sylas! 





I know  this is blurry, but this is my son playing dress up with the girls!  This is his favorite thing to play when there are dress up clothes around!  He has no shame!




This is my friends husband with the 2 babies! 

No comments:

Post a Comment