Monday, August 20, 2012

*Spreading Your Wings*

As our *adventure* creeps closer and closer, my thoughts and emotions seem to become crazier and scarier!

K and I August 2012
I went to high school with this lady!  However, we knew each other in high school, we never really hung out; but we shared a chair when we graduated!  We had some mutual friends tho~ Just like everyone else around here, it wasn't until F@ceBook came around that we got "re-united" with all of our past friends from back in the day!  Anyway, she lives in South Carolina now while I still live in North Carolina (well, only for a matter of days!).  And for anyone who hadn't spoke in 12 or so years, we became instant friends when we found out we were pregnant at the same time ~ we ended up having our first child with in the matter of a couple of weeks of each other.  As of matter of fact, we both had boys which made life easier to hang out.  I say that, but we both truly enjoy each others company too!!  Well, at least I do!  We have visited several of many times over the past almost 3 years; usually she drops by my house for a couple hours when shes driving to/from visiting her parents; we are a good midway point for her little guy to get out and run around.  She has even stopped by and crashed for the night so she could be just that much closer to getting to her parents house the following day~ Plus it gives us a chance to visit and the boys a chance to play. 

Anyway, enough of my little rant, and onto my point about bringing her up in conversation!  Her and her a.dor.a.ble little man H came to visit this past weekend.  Such a great visit before we move away!  She sent me a sweet little note with some strong encouraging words.  Here is what she said:
 "....I really am proud of you for spreading your wings, 
you are making the move of a lifetime, try not to stress 
and enjoy every minute of this, it is making you a 
stronger wife and mother, major props girl!! 
And we will totally visit you guys! Much love, K"  
When I read this, I cried~ yes, I cried!  I needed to hear those words.  It was kind of like a "reassurance" that IS okay to move and it's just another *adventure* in life.  I'm just sad because our relationship has grown over the past 3 years; and it's been great!  Even tho we live just about 4 hours away from each other, we've been able to see each other several times a year and get the boys together to play!  I am going to miss our little visits from K and H..... Going to Cracker Barrel isn't going to be the same when we are in Arizona!  It's been fun hanging out with them and fun to watch our boys learn to fight  play with each other!  I hope we continue to see each other when i come back to NC to visit and that our boys will be life long friends~  K and H... you two are like family and are always welcome in our home (or RV) in Arizona!  We love you two to pieces!

Here are some pictures of the boys together over the past year~ I know there are more of them, but I don't have them readily available right now!
August 2012

June 2012
February 2012  
November 2011

June 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment