Wednesday, June 29, 2011

*The Garden*

Last year, we Brent decided he really wanted to have a garden.  So, we he planted several different things, and tried to plant them by the books~ you know, planting the seeds inside for X amount of time, then move them outside X amount of hours a day and bringing them back in, and then finally planting them in the ground.  Brent built a raised garden bed, 2 feet high and 12 feet long.  Last year he planted corn, spinach, tomatos, jalapenos, cucumbers, cilantro and maybe a few other things but I don't remember.  Our problem with planting last year, we think, was that we planted too late.

Tomatos
Jalapenos
Corn
 This year, we planted again!!  We planted some of the same things as we planted last year.  Tomatos, jalapenos, corn, cucumbers, onions and cilantro!  Brent has been calling this years garden our "Salsa Garden".  I make some darn good homemade salsa; and now I can just use all the stuff from my garden!!  The only thing right now we don't have growing in our garden is cilantro.  We had some, but we planted it too early, so, it's all gone now~ oh well, we live and we learn!






Picked Monday, June 27
Picked Wednesday, June 29
We are getting tomato's out the wazoo!!  These are from the past couple days!!




I finally made salsa tonight using some things from our garden!!  I was VERY surprised to find out how many tomato's it took to get to 30oz!!!  Or maybe, our tomato's are a little bit on the small side.  If I remember correctly I had to cut up about 7 or 8 tomato's!!  Here is the final result!  It doesn't look too great in the picture,  however, I promise, once it is all settled and sits in the fridge over night,

it's going to be great!!!







No comments:

Post a Comment